When I had my previous website, The Loner’s Highway, it was accompanied by a secondary blog known as The Society for the Protection of Fictional Characters, or, in short, the SPFC.
I liked that name, and the acronym, but the acronym presented a problem. A web search found that SPFC includes:
- São Paol FC, a football/soccer club in Brazil (www.saopaolo.org)
- Smashing Pumpkins Fan Collaborative (www.spfc.org)
- Society of Physiotherapists with Foreign Credentials (www.thespfc.org)
- Semen Padang FC , a football club in Sumatra (www.semenpadangfc.co.id)
- South Pacific Financial (www.spfcnet.com)
- Samar Pigeon Fanciers Club (I couldn’t find a website, but they show up on Facebook, Youtube, etc using the SPFC acronym)
- St Peters Iver Football Club (www.spfc.co.uk)
- and still others who I apologize to for not mentioning them
So I decided not to compete with them. My SPFC is gone.
But the rescue of mistreated characters, books, and sometimes the authors (so many have been forgotten) is not something I can abandon, so I’m going to continue it here. This time it will be a category in my posts.
These will begin shortly.